Monday, April 02, 2007

Eggs, Life Group, Amazing Weekend

We had a fun time filling Easter eggs tonight. Thanks to Mark, Amy, Rebecca, Sandy, Adele, Camille, Shera, Olivia and of course Randy for all their hard work. We did pretty well but have lots left to do. We got about 3000 done tonight! I'll be calling some of you who offered to help.

If you haven't joined a Life Group yet, now would be a good time to jump into our Parenting group. This Wednesday, I'm changing gears and we will be discussing parenting a strong-willed child. There are many areas to cover and we will start with disciplining without breaking their spirit. Give me a call if you are interested and we can talk details. I usually have some yummy dessert! :) 419-3347

Yesterday was amazing. Next to our kid's Christmas program, we had our highest attendance at JCFC. 136 with 50 of those in the children's department. God is so good! It was such a great weekend. Friday we celebrated Keaton's birthday, Saturday we had a birthday party with two very special kids, and Saturday night we had a grown-up fellowship at the Main's house. It was wonderful to get to know some of the newer adults who have been coming to JCFC but don't have kids yet. It takes me a little longer to connect with them (without the kid factor) and I had lots of interesting conversations. It was so fun to meet Jessie and Christian who lived in our hometown of Sioux City, Matt and Amanda who know a ministry couple that I know and Jessie and Lisa Little realized they went to college together. Wow, small world and cool how God brings people together.

1 comments:

Angela said...

so Pastor Lori, fi you are in need of expert guest speakers for your Strong Willed Child series you know where to find me right? LOL I do believe I might have a few that fall into this category....