Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Sunday and Some Random Stuff

It's Monday morning, I'm wiped, I have a stinking cold, and I'm a happy girl. Easter 2007 will be a very fond memory for me. I know...you are saying to yourself right now, "Pastor Lori, it was FREEZING at the egg hunt! How can you say "fond?"" Yes, the hunt was beyond chilly. Yes, I have not slept more than 5 hours in one night in over a week. Yes, our lights and CD player pooped out on us in Creek Kids yesterday. Yes, my house is a disaster after filling 10,000 eggs all last week. But you can not beat that yesterday, despite the distraction of my husband frantically trying to fix our lights in service, 10 kids raised their hands for the first time to receive Jesus into their hearts! That's what I'm talking about! This is why I do what I do! To look out into my little congregation and see those faces deep in prayer and repentance is worth all the sacrifice I could ever make.

I read on Scott Hodge's blog that his church in Aurora, IL. had a 10,000 egg drop from a helicopter! Is that the coolest thing ever?! Yowza....I want that dude's budget.

We had a wonderful Easter afternoon with dinner at our place. We shared the holiday with two other families that don't have "family" in town like Randy and me. Pastor Josh, Dara and the fam and Michael, Lindsay, and Rhys Young came over for a little chicken on the grill. My husband, by the way, ROCKS on the grill! Thanks my hunky man. We laughed and laughed and Michael wrestled with all the kids and wore them out. Pastor Josh was in a singing mood and turned everything into a song. Keaton made it back from Montizuma to join us. So sad our girl wasn't here but she will be home May 5. Yeah! Becky and the boys stopped by to retrieve Jaden's prized possession, his blankie! Ethan cracks me up. One of the kids was eating a dinner roll and he was all about that. That boy destroyed a roll in record time. He was finishing up whatever he could find laying around. Becky swears she feeds him but you'd never know it by the way he was going after that bread! So funny! Anyway, we finished out the day by celebrating our youth pastor's birthday with a surprise gathering for Michael "Obie" Oberbeck. We had a fun few rounds of Catch Phrase. The girls were victorious, of course! Good times. I need a nap in the worst way. :)

0 comments: